Knossos Beach Hotel is comfortably situated on a wonderful, sandy beach in the area of Kokkini Chani, just a few kilometers from Heraklion, Crete.
The Hotel is easily accessible, as it is located:
- 10km east of the Heraklion International Airport "Nikos Kazantzakis"
- 12km from the port of Heraklion.
- Only 4km from the E75 National Road
- 500m from the village of Kokkini Chani, where you can find a shopping mall and many traditional taverns, with sea view.
Knossos Beach Hotel's excellent location offers easy access to points of interest, unique sites and monuments. Such as:
- The city of Heraklion (12km away): The the financial center of the island, that is host to many important archaeological sites, an impressive Archaeological Museum and an Art Gallery. You can also find a richly varied market, banks, pharmacies and a hospital. Be sure to try the magnificent restaurants and inviting cafes. The city has a vivid nightlife certain to provide a thrill.
- The world famous Minoan Palace of Knossos (17km away): The awe inspiring edifice, inherited from the once colossal/great/impressive Minoan Civilization (3000 B.C.)
- The village of Thrapsano, the cradle of Cretan pottery (25km away): finding its roots as far back as the Minoan days.
- The International Exhibition Centre of Crete (4km away): An excellent venue for numerous important exhibitions, thanks to its modern facilities.
- The Holly Monastery of Agarathos (12km away): One of the oldest monasteries of the island, with its library estimated to date back to the 16th century.